Introduction to Reiki
All things are permeating with energy. We have been fascinated by this energy and the power it has within our own bodies as well as the world around us. This energy that permeates our bodies goes by many names such as chi or consciousness.
At the point of conception, this energy infuses our bodies and is the intelligence that helps each cell to divide and find a purpose to become the trillions of cells that make up our amazing body.
With this understanding, practices have been developed to help develop and balance this personal energy. Reiki is just a way we use to enhance the flow of this energy.
We are all born with the power to heal ourselves. Our bodies are in a constant state of maintaining balance.
In the past, our ancestors had innate wisdom that they used to heal themselves.
Over time, with our focus shifting to what is outside of ourselves, we have lost the ability to clearly see within.
In comparison to our own personal energy, Reiki is the energy that connects our higher self with everything around us. We can use Reiki energy to help us balance our own energy and bodies.
Reiki is a gift that is given to each and every one of us. By opening your mind to this energy, you will be more capable of seeing the synchronicity in your life and be able to let your life flow. You already have access to this amazing life force.
We intuitively use Reiki energy. When we were children and were hurt, we were soothed by our Mother’s caring touch. A symbolic kiss to make it better actually did ease the pain as Mother and child used Reiki energy to soothe and heal. We naturally hold and protect areas that we have injured and in doing so are also drawing in Reiki energy to those parts to help them recover.
Our bodies are energetic in nature. Our bones resonate at lower frequencies while our blood, thoughts, etc. vibrate at higher frequencies. This magnetic pulse is known as a biomagnetic field. In Eastern traditions, this pulse is also known as Ki or Prana. It is interesting to note that scientists have found that measuring the magnetic fields of the body with magneto cardiograms and magnetoencephalograms often provide a more accurate indication of what is happening in the body than traditional electrical measurements.
When a practitioner is performing a healing session, the energy that emanates from their hands produce a significantly larger biomagnetic reading (7-10Hz – Theta and Alpha range) than a non-practitioner. These frequencies are associated with physical healing.
During a Reiki session, the practitioner places their hands on or just above a client’s body. The practitioner conducts universal energy from their arms, and out through their hands where it flows into the client’s body. When a practitioner and client come together they are the two vibrating objects discussed in the definition of entrainment. Every cell in our body and every atom in the universe is in a constant state of vibration. The tendency for two objects is to lock into phase so that they vibrate in harmony. In most cases, the weaker of the two oscillating objects will have a tendency to adjust to the stronger vibration, which is Reiki energy.
In a Reiki session, the practitioner does not rely on their own personal energy, rather they are conduits for focusing the energy from the world around them. What sets Reiki apart from other forms of touch therapy are the attunements that the practitioner receives. These attunements open the channels in an individual so they are in direct contact with universal life force. After an attunement, these channels are open forever.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Promotes Harmony & Balance: Reiki works directly on restoring balance on all levels and works directly on the problem and condition instead of just masking or relieving symptoms.
- Creates Deep Relaxation And Helps The Body Release Stress And Tension: Reiki provides a space where you can be more aware of what is going on inside your body and mind.
- Dissolves Energy Blocks And Promotes Natural Balance Between Mind, Body, And Spirit: Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds and can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration, and even anger.
- Assists The Body In Cleansing Itself From Toxins And Supports The Immune System: Reiki reminds our bodies how to shift into the parasympathetic nervous system (rest/digest) self-healing mode.stem
- Clears The Mind and Improves Focus As You Feel Grounded & Centered: Reiki can support you in staying centered in the present moment rather than getting caught up in regrets about the past or anxieties about the future. It can strengthen your ability to accept and work with the way events are unfolding.
- Aids Better Sleep: The number one outcome of receiving a Reiki session is relaxation. When we’re relaxed, we sleep better, and our bodies heal better.
- Accelerates The Body’s Self-healing Ability: Reiki healing quickly returns you to your natural state, or at least gets your body moving in the right direction. That means your breathing; heart rate and blood pressure improve. Breathing deeper and easier is one of the first things to happen during a Reiki session. When we breathe better, our minds naturally settle. Science supports that.
- Helps Relieve Pain & Supports The Physical Body Healing: Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
I am a certified Usui Reiki Master Teacher and I am pleased to offer Reiki Sessions on their own or with different self development techniques for greater results.