“The gong is the spirit song. It is the primal whisper for the soul. Its sound is the echo of the original word that created the universe, the SOUND within all sounds”.
– Yogi Bhajan
A gong meditation is a special type of sound healing practice that involves using gong sounds and vibrations to bring about healing in a person. It is also referred to as a “gong bath” because participants are “bathed” in the gong sound waves.
People who participate in gong baths are lying down on meditation mats relaxed with their eyes closed. Initially, the gong is played gently; as the meditation session progresses, the volume is gradually increased.
The gong sound is changed frequently to avoid a monotonous rhythm.
Gongs date back to the Bronze Age, about 3500 BC and were found primarily in Mesopotamia, Burma, China, Java and Annam. Since the time of Buddha all sacred Chinese gongs have been inscribed with ‘Tai Loi’ meaning ‘happiness has arrived’.
When played it produces the primordial and original sound ‘Om’, which is an extremely powerful and healing to the human ear.
Benefits of Gong Meditation:
- The gong creates a space for the mind to release.
- The gong allows us to receive insight and wisdom from our divine essence.
- The gong heals the nervous system
- The gong deeply assists with healing drug abuse and any form of addiction.
- The gong stimulates the glandular system to a higher level of function.
- The gong works on the meridians of the body that are the highways of energy and flow. This allows our body blocks to soften, stimulates circulation and reduces tension.
- The gong opens up the portals of the nervous system where trauma is stored.
- The gong allows us to become healthier and more relaxed and therefore happier.
- And much more
At holistic with Love, we use Gong Bath Meditation.
Accept terms and conditions icon
More Sound Healing Therapies at Holistic with Love: